Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The First Dumb Question

I had to go out of town today and picked up some Warm & Natural. In reading about making the foundation and assembly at the end of the book it sounds like the batting is on the bottom, the foundation fabric is in the center and the wool pieces on top. Is that correct?
My "quilting" mind is telling me that the batting should go in the center, but I don't think this is the case.
Paulette, you saw the basted piece at the quilt shop, did you happen to notice?
I emailed JoAnn and this was her speedy reply:
Lori...You are right...no matter how illogical it sounds---put the batting on the bottom....Later you will put a piece of fabric on the back for the backing.....after all your stitching is done and you need to hide any uglies you have....:))

I think she is going to join our blog!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Hi Lori, I couldn't resist any longer and ordered the book. That would be fun if JoAnn joined in the fun!