Sunday, April 11, 2010

I did it! I completed the challenge!

Well, only one finger cut later (I grabbed the rotary cutter with the blade up....OUCH!) I DID IT!!!!! Wooohooo....thanks Brenda for the jumpstart! I made the foundation for my very FIRST crazy quilt square! Now, it certainly isn't mistake free....I learned a few things as I went along, and I definately have a better idea of it now, but that doesn't matter....those mistakes will be hidden! :)
I won't take the time to point those mistakes out because I am quite embarassed by them, but oh well...live and learn. I never made a quilt like this before, I never did anything like this before with the crazy quilt piecing, so I think I did an ok job for being a first timer. ;)
So....here they are with the first two being the "in progress" pictures...the green gingham fabric that you see is the foundation fabric (what I sewed my wool on to).

You can see the rough cuts of the wool that I didn't trim down until I had them in place and sewn on.

And here is the finished square:


So, hopefully I will be the lucky one and win the wool scrap cuts now after my hard work!!!!!!! :)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Its all a learning experience isn't it? I did my first block by hand and the second one by machine and they both had different challenges and mistakes :0)......I have to remind myself to enjoy the process and not beat myself up for being imperfect!

Happy sewing

Kelli said...

I think you've done a great job! This was new to me too and I had my share of mistakes but you will really love it when it comes to applique and embroidery! Press on and keep us posted with pics!

SDQuilter said...

I am thrilled to be in this with others, your block came out beautifully!! I am glad we got the challenge, I don't know about you, but I probably would have spent months just looking at my fabrics. Have you played with appliques yet?

tarrah said...

SD~ I haven't really played with appliques YET! I want to do some soon though....I did draw one little diddy out and cut it out, but that was it....I know that will the fun part...a chance to be very creative...why wouldn't that be fun?! :)
Thanks!