Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Kicking It Up A Notch

While at Quilt Market this past week I came across Sue Spargo's new book, Creative Stitches. My first thought was "BINGO!" Finally, a book that takes my Wool Crazy and kicks it up a notch. I love my Wool Crazy pieces but I have to tell you, once I have that applique on there, I am stumped. I find myself thinking, now what?! Yep. It's always the same old stitches for me and I just cannot get motivated to find new ones to add... so I just applique my pieces and they sit there, waiting to be embellished... forever!
Yes, my Wool Crazy unfinished pile is tall, and it is definitely not because my Wool Crazy books don't have the most amazing applique templates ever, it's because once I have them on there I can't think of how the heck to embellish them.
Needless to say, when I saw this book I was beyond excited. I was thrilled. Check out the little chick up there, hello?! This is from the book, Now who the heck thinks like that? Sue Spargo does. 
This book does not have applique patterns of any kind, this book is all about the stitches. There are diagrams for each stitch and a color photo of the finished piece. I tell you, this book is amazing, and a perfect reference for those of us who love our Wool Crazy applique and are looking to kick it up a notch. Don't miss this one, it'll help you get back on track and breathe new life into those Wool Crazy projects. Have fun!
You can order the Creative Stitches book here:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a book I'd love. Thanks for sharing!