Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's a Wool Crazy Round Robin!

And this is my Wool Crazy Pincushion, TADA!!!! Ok, so it's not finished, yet!
But it's ready to go off to go off and visit Pat Sloan, who will dress it up a little by adding some of her crazy whimsical charm, and then it will be shipped off to see Roseann Kermes, who will also add a little of her own craziness to it, and finally it will be shipped off to visit with JoAnn Mullaly who will add some of her magic to it before sending it back home to me so I can turn it into a real pincushion that I will treasure forever...woo-hoo!
I stitched mine by machine, and I also aplique'd the witch's boot by machine. No fingers with hurt in the making of this block, LOL! I will not be using Ms Bernina on anyone's blocks but since this one was for me and I
am determined to master the art of crazy wool quilting by machine, I decided I would make it on my machine. Turns out JoAnn has had machine warriors in her classes so I am not unique in my efforts. I hope I can master this skill at some point but I'm not holding my breath...although...
I didn't hang ANY of my sides on this block! HOORAY! I am so proud. No hand piecing was required. LOL! That alone, deserves a prize, hahaha!
I would show you how I made it but I am no expert so I will refer you to the ladies in the know... their blocks are done and ready to go too.
Mine will be the only rectangular one in the bunch but after I made my round one, I couldn't fit my boot so I thought I needed to make a background with less pieces and larger spaces for the applique.
I can't wait to see how my block will come home all dressed up. =)
Don't forget to check out the other pincushions that will be making the rounds:
See JoAnn's Pincushion HERE!
See Roseann Kermes Pincushion HERE!
See Pat Sloan's Pincushion HERE!

2 comments:

Kim said...

How cute is this little crazy square!
I'm having trouble imagining the finish pincushions but will watch with interest to see what happens next.

Happy Sewing

Anonymous said...

I love how nice your seams look and the shoe is darling. Did you press the seams open and are you using both a foundation and batting?